Taking a tub bath, applying a mask, using creams and lotions, hiring massage session or having a manicure and pedicure are caresses we give to ourselves than enrich our body and soul, and thus help others to see us in a different way...

In this section we will be sharing with you tips on Beauty, Health and Well-being...




Friday, July 16, 2010

Perfumes, perfumes...

They can be your greatest joy or the worst if picked wrongly and without minding your personality, skin and body.
Throughout my life I've only used three perfumes, each one almost during a decade...
Arpege by Lanvin, Shalimar by Guerlain and now I remain loyal to Chanel N°5, which, for a year now, I've been blending, to enhance it, with Ambre Russe de Parfums de l'Empire. I love using everything with a same scent: deodorant, body lotion... everything with Chanel N°5. If we use different scents, they will mix and your perfume will lose its charm and charisma.
As you can see, I love antique perfumes, mostly of which were created during the 20s and 30s, or even earlier, because I believe they are the best, the true "grand cru" of scents.
La Maison Guerlain created masterpieces such as Jicky (born on 1889), Mitsouki, L'Heure Bleu, Vol de Nuit, Parfum de Champs.
I do not like their newer creations... every time I go to Guerlain's boutique on Champs-Elyseés, I always stop by the first floor where they exhibit all the original bottles, mostly done with Baccarat crystal, of the perfumes they no longer produce... It's worth going just to see l'Eau de Cologne Imperial... a pleasure to sore eyes!!
Guerlain also made exquisite fragrances for men: Vetiver, L'Habit Rouge and Mouchoir de Monsieur. A perfume for men that I find irresistible is Knize Ten, made in 1925 in Vienne by Joseph Knize, the most important tailor in town, who used to sew the costumes of the Emperors till they existed... It's a fragrance that reminds you of the smell of leather, patchouli, lemon, clove...
I'm definitely not into today's perfumes... I don't like Thierry Mugler's Angel, which is a selling hit, nor the last creations by Dior, Gaultier, YSL or those you can find in Duty Free shops. I do like those by Parisian Perfumer Francois Malle and those made by Estée Lauder during the 70s.
Finally, do remember that perfumes have their own life when paired with your skin and can change substantially...

No comments:

Post a Comment