Taking a tub bath, applying a mask, using creams and lotions, hiring massage session or having a manicure and pedicure are caresses we give to ourselves than enrich our body and soul, and thus help others to see us in a different way...

In this section we will be sharing with you tips on Beauty, Health and Well-being...




Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yoga Tip N°1

As you already know, Yoga is essential in my life. I've been taking clases for many years now with the same teacher, Sonia Khoury, who's a genius. I want to share with you a bit of her knowledge, so I asked her to write for us, from time to time, some Yoga Tips for this section of our blog. Here's the very first one...
"When I've had a long day, with lots of physical work and little mental rest, it's hard for me to reach the evening feeling fresh and relaxed. So I do this Yoga pose that brings back my vitality and spirit to enjoy what's left of my day.
This variation of Viparita Karani is simple and easy to do: you just need a bolster (or a couple of blankets) and a wall. You must try to lay down having your butt as close to the wall as possible and, if you can, also your legs. Relax your neck and throat, your stomach and eyes, directing your vision towards your heart.
This pose is good to reduce water retention in feet and ankles, improve blood flow in arms and legs, relax your neck and face and calm the mind from stress."
Thank you, Sonia!

Kerala - Estudio de Yoga
Olazábal 1562
Ca. Fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment