Taking a tub bath, applying a mask, using creams and lotions, hiring massage session or having a manicure and pedicure are caresses we give to ourselves than enrich our body and soul, and thus help others to see us in a different way...

In this section we will be sharing with you tips on Beauty, Health and Well-being...




Friday, January 17, 2014

My beauty rituals...

You've been asking… here's my beauty routine…
It's quite easy actually: as I wake up, I clean my face with an "eau micellaire", like Bioderma's, which is great and won't dry your skin. Then, before going out, I use a hydrating face cream (always with sunblock, no matter if it's winter and cloudy outside!) or one of the new BB (Blemish Blend) or CC (Color Corrector) creams, plus an eye-contour. Over both creams I apply my make-up, but only if I have to go out... if not, I prefer to stay as naturally as possible...
I recommend that you use some kind of moisturizer on your neck and cleavage also, with creams rich in different nutrients. In any case, I try to go for natural and hypoallergenic products, and I'm not into particular brands, I prefer knowing what they are made of... 
Before going to bed I repeat my ritual with the cleanser and toner to remove the day-long dirt and the remains of my make-up... I NEVER go to sleep with my make-up on! At night I use a Vitamin C serum or a cream with peptide or hyaluronic acid. I try to change them every three months.
I must confess that I am a huge fan of masks and facials. They invigorate your skin, renovate blood circulation and help make-up look better on you! All brands have their own masks. It's a matter of trying till you find the right for you...
During summer, I try to have a friendly relationship with the Sun. I am not one of those extremist that avoid it completely hiding under the shade, nor do I enjoy exposing myself during the dangerous hours of daytime.  The perfect combo reads as follows: a little sunbathing (with protection!) during the morning or late afternoon (never between 12 pm and 5 pm) with the use of self-tanners to achieve the desired hue. There are so many brands and varieties that's all a matter of trying till you find the one that best suits you. 
If you are disciplined and constant and start taking care of your skin at an early age, then there won't be any need for surgeries. Think of it as an investment. Surgeries won't be able to fix what we have neglected over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment