Taking a tub bath, applying a mask, using creams and lotions, hiring massage session or having a manicure and pedicure are caresses we give to ourselves than enrich our body and soul, and thus help others to see us in a different way...

In this section we will be sharing with you tips on Beauty, Health and Well-being...




Friday, March 19, 2010

Pedicure and Manicure

Taking care of your hands and feet is one of the best ways to make a good first impression. Nails say a lot about us, they speak of our health (dryness, white spots... there's an explanation to each one of these issues) and of the time we dedicate to self grooming. Nowadays, having a manicure and a pedicure is a very accessible luxury and there are spas and beauty salons all over the major cities. 
I like my nails lightly squared and kind of short. I do not use dark colors on my hands, that's why I always paint them with pink or beige nail polish. Against the rules, I don't paint my hands' nails the same color as my feet's. In fact, for my feet I prefer really dark shades, such as black, deep blue, violet or dark red. I like the way these colors look with sandals. And, dark polishes last more than lighter hues which tend to yellow with time. This is way I have my nails done once a week.
As treatment and prevention, I use a lot of cream. Sometimes, at night, I massage my feet with cream before going to bed and, if I really want to moisture them, I sleep with cotton socks. Once in a while you can exfoliate them with a mild scrub during your bath.
To avoid wrinkles and spots on my hands (nothing gives away your age as your hands!) I use hydrating creams with high SPF. I take care of them as if they were part of my face, because there's no surgery to fix years of neglect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment