Taking a tub bath, applying a mask, using creams and lotions, hiring massage session or having a manicure and pedicure are caresses we give to ourselves than enrich our body and soul, and thus help others to see us in a different way...

In this section we will be sharing with you tips on Beauty, Health and Well-being...




Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tips for your hair...

My mother used to say that a stylish woman knows how to fix herself at home. So I know how to do hair, my hands or feet. I can even do an emergency brushing! I often go to the hairdresser's, but I wash my head at home. After having tried a lot of methods, I've finally found a series of products that work great for me and I travel with them wherever I go. Anyway, I'm still open to new discoveries and I'm never afraid to try the latest in store. I wash my hair while on the shower (many recommend to wash it separately, to be able to control water temperature more freely, as it should not be too hot nor too cold) and I never apply shampoo directly on my scalp: I blend it with some water on a bowl. I apply it twice and then I use plenty of conditioner but only on the tips!!! Once out from the tub, I use a Hydrating Mist by Acqua, which I buy on the US, or Kerastase's Oleo-Relax Slim, and I blow it myself or run to the salon. When I travel, I always pack my electric curlers.
With time, coloring and dye, our hair becomes dry and thin, it loses its ability to retain nutrients and therefore less resistant to outdoor aggression. This is why it is important to invest in good, strengthening  products. The best treatment for our hair is given by its natural secretions, so after many weeks of brushing, I try to give it a rest spending some days without washing it. I tie it in a ponytail or a bun and forget about it!
Every once in a while to fix extreme damage, as that of Summer and sun, I use a hair cream bath. I have it done at the salon or apply it at home, on a quiet night, massaging right to the ends, and I sleep all night with it, covering my pillow with a towel. 
Coloring and highlights, that I have them done at the salon. I like natural looks, that remain true to your own color, slightly highlighting them. Please say no to extreme bleaching or brutal dyes, such as fire-reds or white blonds. 
My hair grows-up a lot, I believe due to the many vitamins and amino-acids I take. That's why I have it cut once a month... and as for my fringe, my very-famous fringe I've been having since forever, I trim it every week.
I like natural easy hairstyles. Slightly loose buns or chignons are young and so stylish for our everyday-life... specially now, that there's no enough time to spend at the salon!

No comments:

Post a Comment