Taking a tub bath, applying a mask, using creams and lotions, hiring massage session or having a manicure and pedicure are caresses we give to ourselves than enrich our body and soul, and thus help others to see us in a different way...

In this section we will be sharing with you tips on Beauty, Health and Well-being...




Saturday, December 25, 2010

Hair in summer...

Summer is here, and with it the pool, the sea, the sand, the heat and the sun, lots of sun... This is why I wanted to share with you some tips to take care of your hair this time around, in which it will be exposed to dryness and neglect. Sea water alters its static charge and elastic properties, making it fragile and breakable. Ultraviolet rays cause the same damage as a chemical dye. And the chlorine in pools de-oxides, dries and weakens it. 
As almost all women are conscious of this, many well-known brands offer products to protect out hair in Summer: sprays, shampoos with SPF, special creams, etc. You can see the ads everywhere!
As for me, I'll tell you what I do. First of all, I try not to wet my hair in the sea or pool... a little bit because I'm phobic and then because I'm aware of the damage.
When I know I'll be washing my hair in the afternoon, I put on a good oil, such as Leonor Greyl's Huile de Palme (which I have already recommended a couple of times) or the lavender oil by Christophe Robin, who not only is my colorist, but also my friend and advisor in these subjects... 
By the end of the day, I do a good shampoo and wear Kérastase's Masquintense, which is my favorite product in the world!!! It leaves my hair wonderful and scented...
With this tips, I get through Summer with no complications...

No comments:

Post a Comment