Taking a tub bath, applying a mask, using creams and lotions, hiring massage session or having a manicure and pedicure are caresses we give to ourselves than enrich our body and soul, and thus help others to see us in a different way...

In this section we will be sharing with you tips on Beauty, Health and Well-being...




Thursday, March 4, 2010

Exercise - Part II: Virtues of Yoga

We've covered already the importance of working out.
Now, I'd like to say that there is no exercise that gives such a harmonious aura to a woman than Yoga. It is the best way to be conscious of our postures and the intimate connection between our brain and the different members of our body. It helps us align our muscles and walk better, allowing our feet to contact the ground correctly, thus becoming a solid base to all our body.
Fifteen years ago I was in a car accident with my father (I do not drive) and two of my cervical vertebrae were badly shaken. Due to this, for a long time I became a helpless victim of headaches and true migraines anywhere, everywhere...
In January 1997 an American friend of mine took me to a test class at New York's Yogazone, located on 56th st, between Lexington and Park Ave. By that time I knew little about this millenary discipline from India and less about its benefits. But I soon became interested and motivated by the amazing relaxation of my tense muscles, back in Buenos Aires, I found a school and took classes 2 to 3 times a week. After a couple of months, my migraines magically disappeared... I've even found an out-of-this-world teacher: Sonia Khouri, thanks to who, in the past 10 years, I've never became bored in her unique classes!
I still find virtues in Yoga: not only I get to develop more energy against health problems, but I have simply learned how to breath correctly, using not just part of my lungs, but their entire capacity and, thanks to this, I even sleep better...
I've learned how to find moments of peace when in stress without running to the gym or leaving home... it's enough for me to find a quiet spot, lift my legs in an L against the wall and breath... As easy as it sounds...
Yoga is a valuable source to get rid of tensions and bring oxygen to the tissues of our body by inhaling and exhaling. There are different kinds of Yoga: some concentrate on our postures, others on our minds or on the way we breathe. But all of them cherish the intimate connection between our body and our brain. This is why it is important to find the version that suits you best. I will never get tired of speaking about its benefits and how it can improve your lifestyle... how it can reduce your stress to transform you into a more centered and elegant woman...
Or have you ever seen an hysterical that looks glamorous?

No comments:

Post a Comment